Thursday, April 19, 2012

Love

As I'm lying in bed, I'm thinking... "time to start my day, time to get up before the girls..."

I feel I've been going through a valley recently, so something simple as getting out of bed is really hard. My thoughts wander and my quiet time is diminishing. It's amazing to me how difficult and crippling some situations can be. Some things just consume my thoughts and its a constant struggle to keep my head clear of those awful things.



Praising the one who gave me what I have, keeps me going.

Psalm 63 tells us,
"... Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips, my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me...."


God's love is better than life. That is so comforting to me. Sometimes life throws us some serious curve balls, but his love is better than all that. His love is deeper than my lowest valley. His love is stronger than my will to get out of bed. His love is longer than this road I travel. His love is more powerful than my deepest woes.

"... I sing for joy at the work of your hands..."