Wednesday, May 9, 2012

God's Day!!!

Bear with me as It's been awhile since I wrote. I just got my computer back and am trying to collect all my thoughts together for my blogs.

Another beautiful day, it was a shame we had to spend part of it in town instead of at home outside. However, this was the only day this week we could be out. I have to say, I was a grump. The morning had just not been what I wanted it to be, we were late getting up, late getting ready. Now we were in town later than I wanted to be, on this beautiful day. Needless to say, I was in a rush, I wanted to get home and enjoy MY day.


Here I was rushing around from store to store hushing my kids, and fuming that I couldn't be home enjoying this day.
We were coming out of our last stop and lily froze, looked up at the sky, and said,

"Mommy, its a nice day out today,"


"Yes lily, its is a very nice day out, don't you want to go home now, and enjoy it?"


"No, I can like it right here." She gave me a big smile and stared up at the blue sky.

I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I bent down and squeezed my little girl, who, once again reminded me of just one reason why she was entrusted to me.

So many times I have my own agenda, and ideas. I forget that God gives us our day, it is up to us, what we do with it. This was the only day we could run errons, so there was no way around it, but at the very least I could have enjoyed the time I had with just my girls. Instead I was a grump because things were not my ideal.

We can't change our situations, or trials and frustrations that are put right in front of us, but we can change our attitude about them. God has given you this day...

What are you going to do with it?
What is your attitude about this moment?