Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The reason

There is that saying...

"The grass is always greener on the other side"

Seems I am always wanting what is just out of reach. I've witnessed that with my girls as well. Lately, they want to go outside, but when they are outside, they want to be in. That is a simple example, but you get the picture. We are so quick to look at what others have and want it. What we don't realize sometimes is that by wanting whatever they have, we are degrading what we already possess.

When I first got married I wanted a husband that was willing to help in the kitchen. Well, he was more than willing. He wanted to cook and bake, and stick his nose in every time something was on the menu. It didn't take long for me to get annoyed and just want a husband that ate my food instead of analyzed it. What I didn't realize, was that I was killing his desire to help. He no longer wanted any part of being in my kitchen, not because he didn't want to,  he felt unwanted and unappreciated.

It's hard to see a situation for what it is when we are facing it head on. Looking back, it is easy to say I would change the way I approached him, but at the time I just wanted things to go my way. However, when they did go my way, it wasn't enough.

God puts things in front of us for a reason. He gives us what we have for a purpose. Its not always easy to accept what God has in store for us. I have learned the art of taking one moment at a time. I have not perfected it, but it is a working progress. I find it's best to look at each moment for what it is, take a breath and keep going.

I keep thinking, "if only I could get this done, I would be satisfied," but I need to recognize that for what it is, a Lie!

Only Christ can satisfy me

 I can only do so much before I burn out.

I can only walk so much before I have this throbbing pain in my foot

...and there is a reason, I shouldn't wish for things to be different, because I would miss out on what God has to teach me.